Years ago I read article about web security and follow on the net by cookies, and I got a thoughts about all that subject. The majority of users 75% did not like the fact that they are followed, yet 44% does nothing to protect against this. As many as one in ten (11%) was not even aware it is an object tracking online. How to be more careful?
1. First, change some browser settings – eg. Disable the automatic installation of add-ons, please block suspicious Web sites and pop-up windows, set the obligatory checking SSL certificates and secure third-party cookies.
2. When installing a new free software uncheck the options that allow you to put in the system of extra toolbars, plug-ins and extensions. Otherwise, they can – perfectly legally – to be used to collect customer data. It should also be remembered that the removal once installed add-ons of this type can be very embarrassing.
3. If possible, use the HTTPS pages (so should start page address). The letter “S” located at the end of this sequence means that the traffic is encrypted. Avoid the use of postal services, social networking and e-commerce sites that do not offer HTTPS.
4. Use two different browsers – one for basic services online (social networking, Web mail, productivity tools, e-commerce) and the other for anonymous surfing the internet – thanks to your online activity is not associated with your identity.
5. Possibly use encryption VPN traffic.